Mapping is an artistic research project focused on creating a sensory-based relationship with very young children, from 0 to 6 years, through performing arts. In particular, it explores the idea of “children-spectators of today and not only of tomorrow”.
A process full of open questions to start to map the aesthetic dimension of very young children, trying to detect the tracks, the many aesthetic moments, that children reveal during the artistic relationship and the underlying reasons.
The research on the Map will relate all project activities:
- The Mapping festivals. 19 festivals for Early Years over the four-year period.
- The Common co-production process. 16 new productions for Early Years
- The Map, Research book. A book written by the researchers of ITYARN on the “30 points of the Map”
- The Map, illustrated book. The “30 points of the Map” illustrated by four international illustrators, coordinated by Bologna Children’s Book Fair
- The Map, the Exhibition 2022.
- The “Children spectators” Exhibitions.
- The Final event 2022.
- A new audience. The research on Audience development
- Follow-up. In-depth studies on direction and dramaturgy.
- The Map books. Documentation on the specific paths.
The partnership of Mapping, spread across the entire territory of the European Union, involves 18 partners from 17 European countries.
THE MAPPING FESTIVALS
The Mapping Festivals will be hosted, year after year, by well-known European festivals of theatre and dance for children.
Nineteen festivals of Performing Arts for Early Years, organised in different European cities, will host international productions for early years, specific training activities for artists and professionals and all the meeting and activities of the project